School Counseling Department
Welcome to Springfield Elementary’s School Counseling page. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to help the students at Springfield as they achieve academic success!
Meet Your School Counselor
I love my work as the school counselor at Springfield Elementary! This is my fourth year at Springfield, and my previous teaching experiences include teaching fifth and sixth grade at the elementary level and teaching reading at the middle school level. For the past nine years I have been helping students experience success as a school counselor. I’ve enjoyed getting to know the Springfield community and offering support to students and families as they navigate academic and personal/social situations. I love connecting with all students through guidance classes and continuing to offer support through small groups and individual counseling on a short term basis. Referrals can be made for students who would benefit from support outside of the school setting.
When I am not in school I enjoy crafting, reading, watching movies, and spending time with my family. We love to travel and learn about different cultures in other parts of the world. I collect a magnet from each place we travel and my magnet board is really filling up!
Please reach out if I can support you in any way.
I’m looking forward to another great year!
Mrs. Jane Ingram
What is a School Counselor?
A school counselor is an educator who:
- Advocates for students at school
- Connects with students and helps them problem solve when issues arise
- Provides classroom guidance instruction for all students
- Works with teachers and parents to provide support for the needs of students
- Helps in identifying academic and social/emotional needs of children
- Provides parents/guardians with resources and information
- Connects parents/guardians to community resources
Please click on the red arrows below for more information about the following: